Policy frameworks ensure that actions by Government, civil society and all other stakeholders ensue in a matter and for the purpose of advancing common goals. Without policies it is very difficult to manage complicated process are geographic areas where there are diverse interests and activities. In days gone by policies were decreed by government, but there has been an increasing realisation that policy has to be driven both by the community (‘bottom up’) as well as by Government (‘top down’). EcoAfrica has been engaged by a number of governments to develop policies using the ‘top down, bottom up’ approach. Good policy usually is the result of a protracted and well-informed dialogue between Government and civil society; in many instances can policy be described as the needs and aspiration of the people endorsed by Government.
Our work includes;
- Designing and implementing public awareness campaigns to support policy processes
- Conducting specialists studies to support policy processes
- Researching legal and institutional mandates for policy implementation
- Developing policy documents such as the Green Paper and the White Paper
- Producing action plans for the implementation of policies
- Managing policy processes from beginning to the final products